Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My first blog post!

Well, I finally did it. I started my own blog. Actually, I just wanted to post a comment on Ike Graul's blog and then I had to register and next thing I knew I was creating my own blog page.

Maybe this can be theraputic. I'm kind of stressing out a bit lately since I'm about a month from when my job ends and I don't have any job offers in hand yet. This might be a good place to just share my hopes, fears, wonderings, prayers. . .

I go today to plan a worship service at the Spring Woodland Church of Christ. I'll meet with Mark Moran, their preacher, this afternoon. Thursday night I'll rehearse with their Praise Team. Then, on Sunday I'll lead worship at three services. This will be my second time there -- sort of a "call back" thing. I'm just praying about this (and several other possibilities) and trying to walk faithfully each day.

I worked out last night after taking about a week off during Thanksgiving (I was busy with family stuff and painting the outside of our house). Ouch! It was really hard to run on the tred mill; I thought I'd have to quit at about the 14 minute mark, but gutted it out to my 20 minute goal. Life lesson: don't drop your good habits when you get busy; you'll pay for it later!

Enough for now. I'll see if I get in a habit of writing here or not.

1 comment:

CL said...

Dan,
Welcome to the world of blogging. Praying for your job situation, God is faithful. Blessings!