Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Nov. 8 Entry

November is rolling right along! We've had huge amounts of rain the last few days in Oregon, but it has lightened up now to just the normal kind of drizzle. I hear the mountains will be getting a bunch of snow the next few days as the freezing level has finally dropped.

My mom and dad got into town tonight and will be around until Monday. Dad is here to help with my kitchen cabinet installation, plus my folks will get to see Hannah in her musical (which opens tomorrow), and then hear me sing with the Portland Symphonic Choir this weekend. Hopefully, we'll get all the upper and lower cabinets installed over the next few days!

My 2nd & 3rd graders are preparing a musical called "The Littlest Christmas Tree" and it's been pretty fun working on the songs and choosing the leads. The performance is on Dec. 5 (wish I had another week or so with them) and I've really got to work to get the staging blocked, costumes & sets ready, and songs choreographed. Still, this is nothing like the busyness of when I taught H.S. choir!

I guess this is enough of an update for now. . . bedtime now.

7 comments:

Patti said...

Good to hear from you. Tell Hannah, break a leg!

erinlo said...

I directed "The Littlest Christmas Tree" once, too! I love that play!! So so cute.

I bet Hannah will be awesome tonight. Wish I could be there to see her big debut.

Owen B. said...

Good to hear how things are going, Dan. Sounds like you all have a busy weekend! How exciting for Hannah, being able to perform in front of her grandparents. Hope your performance goes well, too!

Vonnie said...

I am still keeping up with you. I love Elem school Christmas programs, or as they are usually referred to-Holiday programs. Say Hi to your mom and dad for me.

Vonnie said...

I am still keeping up with you. I love Elem school Christmas programs, or as they are usually referred to-Holiday programs. Say Hi to your mom and dad for me.

Conni H. said...

Hi Dan- I found your site through worship forum, and I am seeking acapella SATB music (preferably downloadable) for Mary Did you Know?

Can you help?

mrsharb@charter.net

Vonnie said...

Happy two days after Thanksgiving. How are things going? Are you still enjoying your new church?