Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!!!

He is risen! Hallelujah!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday and remembered what a hope we have because of Jesus' resurrection!

Lani commented this afternoon that this was a busy day (we had eight other people join us for Easter dinner), but not nearly as busy as the last thirteen or fourteen years (or is it more?) when I've led Easter worship services. True. But I kind of miss it. OK, at times I really miss it. I love the preparation and build up and investing of my energy in celebrating the biggest of God's miracles in Jesus' resurrection. We celebrated in worship at Abundant Life Church here, and there were lots of guests (which is cool, in a genuine, significant way), but it is different for me to not be making choices and be involved in the whole thing.

It was a glorious morning here. I got up early and saw a bright, sunny sky. I decided to take a run and went up a mountainous trail to Butler Creek Park. It was so nice out and there were lots of other people (and dogs! my dog, Molly, was with me) out walking, riding bikes, and running. I greeted most everyone we passed with a cheery "Happy Easter Morning!" and nearly all smiled and returned a similar greeting. I was singing all kinds of Easter songs in my head as I ran and totally enjoying the experience (well, maybe not the huffing and puffing on some of the hills). Back at home, we had cinnamon rolls as a special treat and the kids looked through their Easter baskets as Lani and I got some food prep for our special dinner done in the kitchen.

May you be filled with a full measure of the hope that is ours because of God's victory through Jesus' resurrection!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Thanks for your comment and prayers.
It was my first Easter in seven years that you didn't lead the worship. Weird!