Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Summer's over. . .

Summer is over for Lani and me. Today we both returned to our teaching jobs and went through inservice activities and getting our rooms ready. Lani found out that she'll teach TAG three days per week (2nd, 3rd, and a mixed 4th/5th group) and have two days to "prep" (I told her she has a GREAT job!).

Now to get used to going to bed earlier and getting up on time! Ugh. . .
Summer is definitely over.

I'm probably feeling more tired because we were awakened during the middle of the night to see the lunar eclipse (Hannah and three friends were up watching it and their voices woke both Lani and I). I got up around 3:00 and took a look. Kind of interesting, but not worth staying up most of the night to see was my thought. I noticed that two neighbors were outside across the street watching it too.

2 comments:

Owen B. said...

Hope the new school year goes well for both of you.

Lynn G said...

It's hard getting up early again, isn't it? :~) Our first week of school, with students, went well. We have several new teachers at my school. And I have a whole new schedule with lots of walking. My feet are killing me!

I waited until it was time for me to get up before I went to look at the eclipse, about 5:30, but it was almost over. I've seen them before, but it's always fascinating. Have a great school year!!!