Thursday, May 01, 2008

Hannah updates

Today we sent off all the documents confirming that Hannah will attend Chapman University next Fall (along with the first two of many checks $$$). That also means we sent "not coming" letters to George Fox and Pacific Lutheran. It has been tough trying to help her decide. All are quality schools with great music departments (she plans to be a music ed. major, but may also pursue music performance). I probably would have liked to have her at one of the closer universities, but she got set on Chapman.

Now starts the beginning of "how do we pay for all of this?" There's no way to do this without Hannah and us taking out student loans. We'll do all we can and see what happens. . .

--------------------------------------------------------

Hannah ended up 12th at State (out of about 36 mezzo soprano contestants that made it that far). She was quite disappointed to not finish higher. I think I was too, because I really thought she was better than that (I'm NOT biased or anything!). She has improved a lot over the last year or so and we're proud of her!

5 comments:

erinlo said...

Can it really be that our little Hannah is going to COLLEGE????? I just can not believe it. I am officially old.

Please give her a hug from us and tell her we're really proud of her. 12th place is awesome and I'm sure she WAS better than the rest of those girls. Dumb judges. That's what I think of them.

Patti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti said...

OK first comment had some real glaring errors in editing!I will do better this time!
Even though Amber is a junior, it still amazes me that Hannah is graduating. Time just moves so fast! When we first met, Morgan was in 1st grade and Levi was kinda small and still in the nursery classes (and in diapers -LOL- hallelujah that changed ).
Please send us one of her graduation invitations.
While 12th out of 36th may not be what she expected, think of it as 12th out of the thousands who were initially vying for that spot. She has an incredible voice!
We miss you guys!

Vonnie said...

Congratulations to Hannah. Good choice. Tom said it is too bad we moved to AZ she could have stayed with us in Orange County and saved on room and board.

Vonnie said...

Dan,
I just got back from CA where I went to a Ladies' Luncheon with a group who graduated from high school together in Los Angeles. I was talking with one lady who had moved to Oregon and found out she and her husband who also graduated with us belong to Abundant Life Church in Happy Valley. I asked if she knew you and she didn't but see if you can find her and introduce yourself. They lived in Fountain Valley before they moved to Oregon and their daughter and Tom Jr even had a class together at Fountain Valley High School. It is a small world. Oh yeah, their names are Bob and Carol Westphal.