Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Heat over, Troy & Shauna back.

Oh, it is so nice today! Highs in the upper 80's, sunny, and breezy! It's especially nice after those triple-digit days recently. I baked a fresh apricot cobler and also cooked chicken nuggets in the oven tonight; we wouldn't have dreamed of turning on the oven the last few days!

Troy & Shauna, along with our friends Paul & Linda McDonald, are flying back right now from Hawaii. Sounds like they've had a wonderful time. Watching all the kids here hasn't been too bad, but it'll be nice to have all the parents back here. Lani says they owe us a night or two out!

We're still waiting for some things to move ahead toward a house closing. Mostly the mortgage company has been waiting for Lani's district to confirm her employment, but they won't issue a contract til they have forms back from her Texas school district and from the Oregon licensing folks (TSPC). Lani turned in everything well over a week ago, but it just takes time for all those things to get processed. In the meantime, we're both a little restless while waiting for things to happen. I've been pricing kitchen cabinets, sinks, bath fixtures, flooring, and such. My recent shock was how long it takes to get cabinets if you have to order them (4-6 weeks!). I think tomorrow I'm going to check out a couple of local cabinet outlets.

Lani's final paycheck from her Cy-Fair teaching comes this Friday and then we will have a loooonnnnng stretch until our new jobs start paying (both will get our first paychecks on the last Friday of September). This will be a test! Still, when I was praying today, I was thankful as I realized that God has ably taken care of all our needs so far through some difficult months and in making a move. I have no reason to doubt that He will take care of us over these next two months too!

1 comment:

Patti said...

I am glad it is cooling off. We have cooled a few degrees due to a huge amount of rain, I'll take what I can get!
I love your spirit! I know God will provide for you guys (notice I didn't say ya'll).
Make sure you and Lani do get that break before you move and start the joy of remodeling!