Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's August and what are we doing?

So, today it's August. Can you believe it? We were hoping by about now to be getting into a house. Or be close to closing so that we could start working on the house. But we're waiting. Our mortgage company is waiting on Lani's school district who is waiting on the Oregon TSPC and so on. Meanwhile, Lani & I are a bit fidgety as each day slips by bringing us closer to the end of our free summer days. I wake up each morning thinking through the projects I need to do once we get possession of the house. Hopefully all this mental energy will be helpful as I rehearse my strategies for each project over and over!

I had hoped to totally gut the kitchen and put in new cabinets, countertops, lights, etc. but after visiting Home Depot, Lowe's, and a cabinet shop, I've had to face the reality that you don't just order cabinets and get them overnight, or next week, or even two weeks from now. We're looking at 4 to 6 weeks to get cabinets -- if I order them today. So, now my project list is being reshuffled as we decide which things we want to do before moving in and which to put off due to cost, lower priority, or lack of available materials. There will be plenty to do any way you look at it!

Maybe next time we're in the house I can take some digital pics so that we can share a "before and after" look at things.

We did a second visit to the East County Church of Christ this last Sunday. I think we all enjoyed it a little better the second time around. There are a couple of other places we'll make return visits to. Of course, with people's summer schedules and all, it may be hard to get a complete picture of a church until after school starts back up in September.