Monday, August 28, 2006

Summer is over!

Today was my first official day at work (actually it was "New Teacher Inservice Day" for both Lani and me in both our districts). So, Summer is now over! The kids start school next week after Labor Day weekend. The way it should be everywhere, you Texas friends!!!

We're still living amid lots of still-unpacked boxes and there are still lots of house projects not fully completed, but it's nice to be in our own home.

I found out tonight at Portland Symphonic Choir rehearsal that I will be a paid "Staff Singer", so that was cool news! Also, Hannah auditioned for choir at Gresham H.S. earlier in the evening and the teacher agreed to put her in their top big choir (she is the 97th person in the group and the principal had told the teacher to cap it at 90).

We have a working home phone now, but still no internet service. I'm back over at Troy & Shauna's tonight typing this. I can check my personal e-mail and my blog at work, if needed. If you'd like our phone number, e-mail me at DanDalzell@aol.com and I'll send it to you (along with our new address too). Lani says I shouldn't just post it all here publicly.

We look forward to having guests in our home soon, but if you come right away we may put you to work helping put things away and finishing something. We have realized -- far too late -- that we just have too much stuff! So now one of our goals is to get rid of furniture, clothes, toys and such that we don't need &/or won't fit in our new house. Pare down and simplify!

3 comments:

Patti said...

I agree with Lani. It was a bit brave to put your cell #s on

Vonnie said...

Have a great school year and Congrats on your Paid staff singer - that's cool to actually get paid to sing.

Lynn G said...

I knew they'd recognize your talent! And congratulations to Hannah also.

Next year Texas schools won't be able to start until the 4th week of August. Not sure what that will do to the semesters or holidays. Bye Bye week long Thanksgiving break would be my guess.

By the way, Lani's a smart lady, but then you already knew that!