Friday, September 15, 2006

End of the week update

Well, the second week of school is complete and I'm starting to settle in a bit. I'm also exhausted after staying up too late this week working on the downstairs bathroom at night. Good news there is that it's mostly finished and looks pretty nice!

Hannah got a part in the Gresham H.S. musical!!! She figured yesterday that maybe she wasn't going to be cast, but found out today that she'll be Rapunzel in the show, "Into the Woods". It's really cool because this show has a very small cast and being new and up against alot of other kids, the odds seemed stacked against her landing a part. She'll be really busy for the next couple of months. Shows are the two weeks prior to Thanksgiving.

I'm attending the Portland Symphonic Choir retreat this weekend -- Friday night and daytime Saturday -- and then going to see the musical "Wicked" Saturday night. For a couple of days, no working on the house!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Congrats to Hannah, I was praying for her!
I hope you enjoy your break. Make sure ya'll don't wear yourselves out!

Vonnie said...

You deserve some time off. Tom and I are in Abilene at
the lectureship. We went to Highland this morning and then to lunch with a couple who we knew in Ca and were in Tom's jr high youth group. They starting emailing each other last year after not seeing each other for over 25 years - now they are getting married. They never dated before - just were kids together at church. I am so happy for them. I told them about how I had started blogging and said it was all your fault . I didn't know what a blog was until you told me I could see your family's pictures on your blog when we saw you at lectureship in Feb.

Owen B. said...

Good to catch up with what's happening with you guys, Dan. Thanks for posting in spite of a very busy schedule. Sounds like things are settling in for you.
Enjoy that great Portland fall weather, okay?

Lynn G said...

Sounds like the Dalzell's are taking the Northwest by storm! Congratulations to Hannah. She has such a beautiful voice.