Wednesday, September 20, 2006

They grow up so fast!

I'm not even talking about my own kids! Yesterday, our very good friend, Jennifer Hamilton and her daughter, Olivia, stopped by our house. They are on their way up to Seattle Pacific University where Olivia is about to begin her freshman year! It was great to visit with them for a little while -- along with Bruce & Shirley Hamilton and Molly House (Jen's mom) -- but what a reminder of how fast all our kids are growing up! They gave us a picture of their son Lukas in his football uniform and he was looking like one tough, grown-up dude. On the flip side, our guests all commented on how much bigger and older our kids looked too.

All of this is just reminding me that I really need to cherish and enjoy the time I have with my children now, because sooner than I think they'll be out the door and off to college or work or who knows what.

Love your kids today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan and Lani,

What a blessing to "run" into Dan this morning! You two have been on my heart recently. I would love an opportunity to get together and catch up. Your family is beautiful (I can't believe Hannah is 16!) Please email bcashdollar@hbarep.com when you have an opportunity. I found this page by accident; I tried qwest and there was no listing. Well, Google brought me here. Hope to chat soon! Love - Brenda