Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow day!

Hey! It snowed this morning -- and is still snowing pretty hard as I type this! There wasn't a single flake at 6:00 when I first looked out and so most schools were going ahead with plans to open. Then within a half-hour it started snowing and has just kept going. My district finally called at about 7:40 to say that we were going to open 2 hours late (and many teachers and some students were already at school); then, within 15-20 minutes they decided to just close for the day (along with almost every district in the Portland metro area).

Here are a few pictures looking out our windows a few minutes ago:



Maybe I can post some more pics later after we go play outside!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not we are having a "snow" day too here in Texas! There was threat of possible ice on the roads last night. So, they cancelled it then. Of coarse, no ice came but the kids are hopeful for a flake or two this afternoon as we haven't reached above 34 degrees yet today. The pics are great! Makes me want to ski!

Patti said...

I have a sheet of ice on my trampoline and ice hanging off of it. Not real pretty to look at. I would rather have snow!