Thursday, January 11, 2007

Snow!

So, my phone rang at 6:10 this morning and it was part of our school "phone tree" calling to tell me that my district was on a 2-hour late start. Yea! I reset my alarm and went back to bed (after looking out the window and not seeing any snow, however). Then when I got up around 8:00, it was really snowing hard. Within a half-hour my district decided to just stay closed for the day! Woo-hoo!!! So I had a nice day, getting to read the whole paper, do the crossword, clean up some of my garage, do a couple of little home projects, and go for a nice run in the afternoon.

Levi is feeling better, but still on meds. We'll see if he goes back to school or not in the morning. Caleb, on the other hand, is still not well at all and was still throwing up and feverish tonight. I guess we'll take him to the doctor tomorrow.

Lani's mom, Gladys, got here tonight -- coming over from Montana. She said there were a few slick patches, but no major problems.

Hannah goes to All-State Choir tomorrow. We had eight of the girls at our home tonight and I rehearsed their music with them (they get tested in quartets when they arrive there tomorrow).

Well, I guess I'll probably have to go to work tomorrow, so I'd better head off to bed! :~)

2 comments:

Patti said...

Yea for snow. We may get sleet Monday, no biggie.

Lynn G said...

I hope the boys are feeling much better by now. It's cold here and may have ice tomorrow, Tuesday. We had today off from school for MLK (teacher inservice though) and I hope we're off tomorrow too. Wish we'd get snow, though some folks have had more than their fair share, we rarely get any.