Sunday, February 25, 2007

A few updates

Haven't stopped to blog for a bit. . .

Last weekend when my folks were here, Dad and I put down the laminate floor in our kitchen. I've just about finished doing all the final cabinet trim boards and baseboards/quarter-round now. It's really nice to have it done and it matches the existing dining & living room flooring to a "T"!

Hannah sang at her District Solo Contest yesterday. I thought she sounded pretty good, but her judge gave her a "2" (personally, I thought it sounded like a "1-" or perhaps "2+". Hannah was down about it and Lani and I too. It's hard to know what to say. She really is making improvements in her sound and did a nice job. The girl after her was cracking all the time, couldn't produce a nice, legato tone, and scowled the whole time, yet she got a "2" also. Doesn't seem right to me!

We watched the Academy Awards show tonight. I hadn't really seen many of the nominated movies, but it was a fun broadcast. We kept a pad and pencil handy to write down movies we should rent and ended up with about ten on our list. A lot of the commercials were fun too. Seems like it's almost like you're getting the Superbowl-level commercials for this event.

No comments: