Sunday, July 15, 2007

Caleb update & more of life


Here's a picture of Caleb (in the foreground) along with Levi & Micah and some of his cousins. This was taken on our recent trip to Glacier Park in Montana.

So, last week he started his UV light treatments. He is treated three times per week. The treatments themselves are really quick! He started at about 30 seconds of exposure and they've upped it a few seconds each time; I think by the end it may get up to 10 minutes or more. It takes alot longer to get ready (strip down, rub on a skin lotion EVERYWHERE, put sunblock on his face, put on goggles, etc.) than the actual treatments. They also did some blood work this week to establish a baseline of where he's at with the mycosis fungoides.

Thanks for all the prayers offered in Caleb's behalf. We trust God to be at work through all this and have already seen His blessings.

------------------------------------------------

This last week was really busy for all of us. My good friend, Paul McDonald, reroofed his house and I ended up helping him nearly every day. First we did a complete tear-off of three layers and then put new tar-paper and composition shingles. Of course, we had the hottest week of the year with record highs twice and temps cracking 100 two or three times! Whew!!! My nephews, Orion and Jaden Maki, were over here all week from Montana and so we had extra kids and activities all week. Then my folks came over from Meridian, Idaho on Wednesday. We had a memorial service and family dinner on Friday for my great aunt, Louetta Humble. Lani's mom came over from Missoula on Thursday and went back home today (with Orion and Jaden). Oh yeah, we also bought a new (to us, anyway) fridge on Craigslist and then moved it one hot afternoon; Saturday I spent several hours - with help from my dad - running a line for the ice-maker (working up in my hot attic!). Today. . . I rested. Church, lunch at Chevy's, and then just taking it easy the rest of the day.

There you have it. Just a busy summer week!
This next week we have VBS at church. It's "Avalanche Ranch", a popular one all over this year. Our church is planning for about about 1000 kids and Lani & I are just two of over 450 volunteers! I'm also helping my brother paint his house and Micah is at band camp.

Oh, I almost forgot another blessing! Lani got offered another 1/2 time TAG job, so now she is a full-time TAG teacher for this coming year!

1 comment:

Lynn G said...

I've had treatments like that, but for a different skin disorder. Worked for me, praying it does for Caleb.

Congrats to Lani on the other half time position. I know she's happy.