Monday, July 02, 2007

Snowballs in July!


Today I had snowballs thrown at me by Levi & Caleb! In July!!!

We are in Montana for the 4th of July week and went up to visit Glacier National Park -- see their website here. What beautiful country we saw today! It was fantastic weather (just a few fluffy clouds here and there and highs up in the mountains just over 70) and it was the first full day that the "Going to the Sun Highway" through Glacier was fully open. We saw one scenic vista after another and at the top of the pass we walked up a mile or so on a trail and were actually on glacial snow and ice.

We went with Lani's mom and her brother, Brian, and his two boys, Orion and Jaden (we also have my nephew, Cole Wagner, with us too). We got six disposable cameras and gave my three boys plus the three nephews each a camera to photograph whatever they wanted. That was fun! Besides snowy peaks, glacial valleys, pristine lakes, and cascading rivers, we saw a bunch of deer, several mountain goats, chipmunks, and even one badger!
We'll have to post some pictures later!
----------------------------------------------
Here are some pics I'm adding the next day. For a bunch more photos from our trip, click on my flickr.com photo bar on the right side of my blog.

Here is a shot I took in the clearing above the Logan Pass Visitors' Center.

And this is Lani in that same beautiful clearing.
And here is our family group at a scenic viewpoint along the way.

Check out the rest of the pictures; there are some awesome scenes.

1 comment:

Patti said...

That picture reminds me of when we lived in California. I loved being able to go visit the snow and then go back home and swim.