Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Day post

Happy Easter! I hope you all find a great hope in the resurrection of Jesus!

Wow. . . I haven't posted on my blog since Christmas Day! Life has been busy, to say the least. Here are some of the big events:

Micah was baptized on Feb. 3!



And then Levi was baptized on March 2! I had the great joy and privilege of baptizing both of them at Abundant Life Church.



Micah and Hannah have both been very busy with choir and other performing. Hannah got 2nd in the District Solo Contest as a Mezzo Soprano and will compete in the State Solo Contest on Saturday, April 26. We're very proud of her!
She has also been busy with college apps and has been accepted at three schools; hopefully we'll get the right scholarships and student aid and make a decision soon about where she goes next year.

I coached both Levi's and Caleb's YMCA basketball teams. We just finished up their seasons last weekend.

We are on Spring Break this week! Woo-hoo! No big plans. . . clean out the garage, do some serious house cleaning and small projects, rest, go running, etc.

Hannah & Micah leave early Wednesday morning for a six-day choir tour to New York!

This morning I sang on a praise team in our "Traditions" 8:30 service at ALC and then went over to a small church (Living Streams Church of Christ) and led worship. It was a rare opportunity to be involved as a worship leader. Later we enjoyed a nice Easter dinner in our home with the Wagners (my in-laws) and Linda McDonald. I even snuck in a little time watching NCAA basketball! All-in-all in great day.

OK, hopefully my next entry won't be until Summer break or the 4th of July!

5 comments:

Amanda W said...

well, if you're going to wait so long to post, at least you made it a really exciting one. :) That's awesome news about Micah and Caleb!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patti said...

Awesome news! I logged on for a quick check and then managed to burn the bacon reading you post! So worth it!

Vonnie said...

I have been checking your blog for so long and was surprised to find a new entry. I am happy for the boys. Tom was privileged to baptize Tom Jr the summer after we moved from Washington. It is a very special privilege.

Lynn G said...

AWESOME NEWS all the way around! It looks like home agrees with y'all.