Thursday, May 25, 2006

Big Job News

Yesterday I found out that I got the elementary music job in Portland (at Hollydale Elem. in the Gresham-Barlow District). The principal called to let me know and now it's just a matter of doing all the paperwork with her district's HR dept. and getting my Oregon certification taken care of.
Here's their website: http://hollydale.gresham.k12.or.us/

I feel very blessed! Our house sold on Monday and I got a job on Wednesday. It seems obvious to Lani and I that God is blessing us as we go down this pathway. I look back and see that I applied for about a dozen different worship leading jobs over the last year and yet none of those worked out. Now, the first people that looked at our house after we listed with a realtor bought it. And the only music job in the Portland area that I applied for, I got (there were some others in more remote parts of the state that I started the process for). I still would love to be involved in worship ministry and will prayerfully see what opportunities God puts before me as a volunteer.

Keep praying for Lani to find a job and for all the details of our move. Thanks!

11 comments:

Patti said...

Awesome! It is hard to wait and see what God has planned but he never lets us down! Blessings to "you guys" for having the faith and patience to wait for him to work his wonders!
"You guys" have been an inspiration to me!
Amber already is on me to buy her a plane ticket to Oregon! I promised her by Christmas she can visit!

clintrhikes said...

That is great news Dan!
God Is Good All The Time and All The Time God Is Good. We have been praying for you guys and are pleased to hear the good news. Have a safe trip and we will be praying for you.

erinlo said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! What a huge blessing.

Vonnie said...

That is so cool!

Lynn G said...

You will be such a blessing on those children. Praying Lani's search will be rewarded real soon.

Tim Castle said...

Tres cool, my friend. We'll be up there at the big reunion next month; hope we can see you then.

Amanda W said...

Praise the Lord! We'll be thinking of you as you make the move.

Owen B. said...

What wonderful news, Dan! We'll keep praying for the escrow, the move (along with the transition involved for all of you), and Lani's job situation.

Just one question... why is everyone suddenly saying "you guys" in their comments? ;-)

Owen

Anonymous said...

I have been checking on you guys from time to time. We miss you and are very happy to hear that things are coming together.

Of course the kids now want me to pick them up all at once.

I say "you guys" 'cause I'm from the Pacific Northwest :-)

God Bless!
The Hamiltons

Mike Lewis said...

AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Office chairs in uk Alltel dsl networking help cholesterol good reading Mazda tribute brake booster Aston martin car sounds car seat covers for dogs fragrance Uk us search engine positioning hiking How to write a wedding invitations Info yellow jackets valium on line savaria wheelchair lift Hard drive info recovery chrysler neon