Saturday, May 27, 2006

Gettin' bigger, gettin' ready

We're all busy here (well, at least Lani & I!) packing up things and getting ready for our move. All the pictures and other wall things are down and there are boxes everywhere! It's quite obvious now that we really are going to move. Soon! Lani decided we should go ahead and pack up our dishes and just use paper plates and plastic cups for the next week, so even our cupboards are getting emptied.

For years we've had a chart taped up on which to mark the ever-increasing height of our kids. It's always fun to see who has grown the most since the last measurement! A few months ago it started coming untaped from the wall and so I just rolled it up and set it aside for awhile. Yesterday, as we were packing things I decided we better have one final measurement here in Texas (you know, everything's bigger here!). And the results are:
Hannah - 5' 7 3/4" (she grew 1/4" since last Nov.)
Micah - 6' 0" (actually about a millimeter short, but he'll be there next week! 2" inches growth since Nov.)
Caleb - 5' 2" (about 1 1/2" since Nov.)
Levi - 4' 6" (and 2" more than Nov.)
Lani, who assisted with the measuring, says that I better watch out because the boys may all pass me up some day! Micah already wears size 14 shoes -- two sizes bigger than mine. Whew!

3 comments:

erinlo said...

Micah is SIX FEET?????? That is craziness. And Hannah- over 5'7''??? I feel so old. It seems like they were just babies when we met ya'll.

Amanda W said...

Goodness Gracious! I can't believe that Micah is 6 feet! And Caleb is taller than me now! just don't tell me his voice has started changing yet...don't think I could handle that. :)

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »