Thursday, May 11, 2006

Patience (It's hard to wait!)

We're waiting. . . Every day we're waiting for something to happen, for an offer to come on our house, for a job, for some direction about how to proceed. And it's hard to wait! Anxious moments creep into quiet times. It seems like something is always occupying a portion of my energy and mind; it's like a part of me that is on hold and just ready for the go-ahead about our next steps in life.

I didn't get the worship leading job in Tulsa. And that's fine. I like getting clear answers like this, because then I can go on to the next thing. I thought I had a great experience with the folks there, but I trust that there are some good reasons why that wasn't the place for us. What that means now is that we're going ahead full steam with applying for teaching jobs back in Oregon. And we're setting our plans to move there in early June.

Now to sell this house! That's probably our biggest bump in the immediate road. We've put in a good effort at selling it ourselves, shown it alot, and had two quite low offers which we didn't accept. I guess we're ready to turn to a realtor (though I hate to pay that commission). It'll be interesting to see where a realtor will recommend we price it at.

I'm subbing every day. This week H.S. drama (two days), M.S. language arts, 5th grade, and H.S. science (tomorrow). At least every day is something new!

Hannah sang at an end-of-the-year recital tonight at her school. She sang very well (although she was a little bit nervous). With a little more confidence, she's going to be a fine soloist. We'll have to find her a new voice teacher when we get to Portland.

No comments: