Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Blessed endings

Two chapters of our life ended today (or at least almost did):
I packed up my office at Spring Woodlands and hauled everything home. It seems kind of odd to not be a worship leader (at least for awhile). For almost six years I've led worship nearly every Sunday. We'll still be at Spring Woodlands for at least a few more weeks, but it will be a little different. I told the new leader, Rod Brady, that I'd be happy to sing bass any time he needs me and I do really like to do that too! Also, I'm the music director for a children's musical there that will perform on June 4 (which will likely be our last Sunday there).

And. . . it looks like we sold our house! Our newspaper ad came out yesterday and I had two calls about coming to look at it. The first caller didn't end up coming by, but the other couple came and were ready to give me an earnest money check on the spot. I told them not to rush it, to think about it overnight if they'd like and today they said they'd like to come tomorrow with their kids and that they'll be bringing a check with them. All I can do is say, "Thank you, Lord!" What a blessing! I told Micah and Hannah that I'm very happy that we sold it so fast, but I'm also a little sad to sell a home that we've put alot of effort into improving.

Thanks for your prayers! God is good and has blessed our family again. Now, to see where we're headed! Isn't it weird to have your house sold and not know where you're moving?

5 comments:

Vonnie said...

Congratulations on selling your house so quickly. We have made a move before with no job and no place to live - when we left Portland to go back to Southern California and God took care of us. I am sure he has something wonderful in mind for you - just be patient.

erinlo said...

I am so happy for ya'll, Dan. And I am so so sad for us. It seems a little too real now and I don't like it. We are still praying for the Lord's direction regarding where you will go.

Patti said...

I had tears in my eyes as I read you post but I am glad for you!

Lynn G said...

The selfish part of me doesn't want y'all to leave. But the part that trusts that God knows what He's doing rejoices that y'all will be truly free now to go anywhere He leads, no matter where it is. One of my all time favorite songs, ever since I was a kid, is "Anywhere With Jesus." Dan, y'all are "water walking" now!!!

Amanda W said...

congratulations!