Thursday, April 20, 2006

Trusting. . .

Never be afraid to trust
an unknown future
to a known God.

- Corrie ten Boom

I'm wrestling a little each day with what my future holds, and at this point it's pretty unknown. Yet, I've seen the gracious, loving hand of God take care of me at all times in the past and I believe He's still going to on all of my unknown tomorrows. Now that the extra-busy activities of Easter are past, I'm more aware that in just a few weeks I'll be headed somewhere else -- I don't know where yet, but somewhere (Tulsa? Portland? Walla Walla? Elsewhere?). We put up a "For Sale" sign in our yard, placed ads in two local papers, and are readying for an open house on the next two weekends. This is more evidence that a change is coming soon! This Sunday is my final week leading worship at Spring Woodlands. It's been a great blessing and opportunity in many ways and I'm thankful for my time here. So, while lots of things around me are in a state of change, I'm thankful that God is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer!

3 comments:

Patti said...

I know God is with you; I know ya'll are strong people...
Personally, I think I would have a mini-breakdown since I like my life well-ordered. I am amazed at ya'lls strength and continue to pray for the whole family!

Owen B. said...

Still praying, as you know.

julie said...

Dan, I saw your comment on someone else's blog and I wondered how you were doing and so I came to your blog. We have been in your situation the last two years. You know that we moved here to Abilene and that things haven't fallen into place as quickly as we would've liked. It has been hard but the parts that really matter have been amazingly good...God has drawn us closer and taught us things about ourselves and each other that we wouldn't have learned if we hadn't stretched ourselves. I know that God has incredible plans for your family and for ours...when we look back, we will be amazed. Tim has an interview on Wednesday...Yay!!! actually somewhere that he wants to be and the kind of job he wants. He is also an educator. I will keep checking back to see how things are going. I looked at your pictures also...it helps me to pray for you when I can see all your faces. I think that your wife could be my good friend.