Sunday, February 12, 2006

It's all good!

So many good things to be thankful for. . .

Yesterday my good friend, Lyle Jarvis, flew into Houston to pick up a car he'd bought through eBay. Of course, I was happy to pick him up at the airport and get to spend some time with him. He came with my family to see the new Pink Panther movie after we got his car. Then we just enjoyed visiting and watching the Olympics. After spending the night and coming to church with us this morning, he was off in his new purchase, headed back to Amarillo.

Worship this morning was great! Especially in our second service today it seemed like there was both excitement and Spirit. Also, I was blessed to have several dear families come visit at Spring Woodlands today; it was encouraging to receive their hugs and kind words. We finished our services today with "This is How We Overcome". I'd never led this one before, but always enjoyed singing it at Zoe events. It was fun and encouraging to do it today.

Tonight we had a "Chili Cook-Off" event at Spring Woodlands. And as part of that, they asked several staff-member couples to participate in a "Not-So-Newlyweds Game". So Lani and I were among the six teams and WE WON! I guess we know each other pretty well (although we had to survive a playoff against the youth minister and his wife)!

I still don't know where my next job will be or where we'll be living, but it's all good. God is caring for and blessing us one day at a time.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Your attitude inspires me! Thanks :)

Amanda W said...

Of course you won! Jeremy and I weren't there to trounce you. ;)