Monday, February 13, 2006

Tax Time

I started doing my taxes today and so now I've taken over our entire informal dining table. Evey year I think "this would be sooooooo much easier if I'd file things better or start using Quicken faithfully" and yet here I am again sorting stacks and stacks of reciepts and payment records and hoping I find everything.

Other notes:
In the Texas Master Chorale we're rehearsing "The Chichester Psalms" by Leonard Bernstein. It's tough! Not only are we dealing with strange tonality and lots of changing meters, but on top of that, it's in Hebrew!

We received a generous gift of support from some friends today (a "Valentine", they said). I'm still moved by the caring and love and support that so many have shown us. We are trying to be more and more careful about how we spend money because it feels like we're spending other people's money. Hmm. . . maybe we should have that in mind all the time; after all, every good gift is from our Father!

No comments: