Friday, February 03, 2006

What's next?

What's next? Wouldn't we all like to know sometimes what will happen in the future? Could be advantageous if you like to bet on things. On the other hand, it would probably frighten or surprise most of us to see what's going to occur. I guess that's why we're supposed to live one day at a time!

I'm confident that God is taking care of me. I've been blessed where I am right now in lots of ways. But where I'm at is temporary. Sunday they will announce at SWCC that they have hired Rod Brady to be their full-time worship leader; he will begin on April 30. He's a gifted and nice man and I'm happy for him. He'll do a great job at Spring Woodlands. I'm still certain that God has been good in putting me there for this time, but now I'm wondering more and more about where I'll be headed next. I know I need to be patient and faithful ("one day at a time"), but I'd sure like to get things rolling toward the next part of my journey! So. . . I keep looking and searching and praying and waiting. . .

Scattered other thoughts:
Happy Birthday today to my wonderful Mother-in-law, Gladys Maki!

Looking forward to going to the ACU Lectureships later this month. And yesterday I learned that my dad will get to fly down here and go with me! Also, friends Rex Hamilton and Ike Graul will be there.

I brought out a whole bunch of new music at the SWCC Praise Team rehearsal last night. I felt like I hadn't really been leading "my own" choices of songs the last two weeks, so we read a lot of new things. It was fun, but by the end of practice they convinced me to maybe cut back on a couple of the new ones for this week! We will introduce "How Great is Our God" this Sunday; that should be a good one.

4 comments:

erinlo said...

Praying and waiting with you.....

Patti said...

I am glad that God used your time at SWCC to lead my family there. I don't think we would have given it a try otherwise.
I am praying for you and your family! I am sure that God has you in his hand. I also know that the wait is the hard part!

Owen B. said...

Still praying, brother....

Lynn G said...

Oh Dan, I hate this news. But take it from one who has faced the uncertainty of next employment; God has wonderful plans for you and your family. He will put you exactly where He wants you and you will be SO blessed. I know I was when I let Him have His way with my life after being a church secretary for so long. I still get excited when thinking about how He worked. You know you are in my prayers.