Friday, February 24, 2006

Post-ACU

I had a great time at the ACU Lectures. I certainly enjoyed getting to see and visit with some dear old friends (notably, Rex Hamilton and Ike Graul). My dad and I also enjoyed chances to get together with relatives there: Dave & Joyce Dalzell, Bill & Mary Womack, Joy Crouch, and Doug Dalzell (and his companion, Leah).

The best classes I attended were Jack Reese & Ike's class on worship/hymnody, the Restoration Unity Forum, and the Kairos Church planting. Best worship experience was the Taize service on Tuesday night in the Chapel on the Hill. Best meal was the "$2.99 Taco Plate" at Rosa's (although BBQ at Harold's was a good experience too!).

I shook lots of hands and inquired often about worship leading opportunites. No one seemed to have or be aware of any new full-time job leads, but several people invited me to come and be a volunteer worship leader at their church. I may end up teaching again and volunteering for a church, but at this time I'm still praying and looking for a full-time ministry position.

I also came home with a head cold and feel stuffy and achy today. I guess that might have come from all the hand-shaking!

1 comment:

erinlo said...

I'm glad you're back and had a good time! I am jealous jealous jealous that you got to go to Harold's. LOVE that place.

We're still praying for you guys. Hope the head cold goes away soon.