Friday, February 10, 2006

Rrrrrriinnnnngg!

This morning I got four phone calls between 5:30 & 6:30 to sub. So. . . that means I'm in the system for Cy-Fair now. But I can't accept any sub jobs until I have my security ID, which you can pick up after you've been in the system for approx. 10 days (I'm going to check today to see if I can get it now anyway; I guess all they can say is "no, come back in a few days."). So these early morning phone calls may become a routine thing.

It's raining today -- which is good because we need it -- but the weather reporters are cracking me up with their joking about winter coming and "Siberian" air (yes, they said that this morning). It's supposed to get down to a high of 52 tomorrow. 52! OK, the overnight lows might get below freezing on Saturday night, but "Siberian"??? I think people here have led a cold-sheltered life!

At our Praise Team rehearsal last night, one lady shared that she and her husband are going to get a divorce and several others shared prayer requests for spouses or friends who were dealing with cancer, horrible back problems, surgeries, etc. It sure made me realize that my own problems aren't so bad at all. I'm very blessed and thankful. At the same time, it sure tugs at my heart to hear what others are dealing with. What an awesome God we have who cares for us all!

2 comments:

Patti said...

I subbed the first year we were back in Texas as a special ed aide. I didn't enjoy the phone ringing early. The best ones were when it would ring the afternoon before!

erinlo said...

I'm so glad you're in the system now!! Hopefully you can get you're ID so you can do it very soon!!