Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Day!

Yesterday was "Super Bowl Sunday" and it was indeed a super day. Worship at SWCC went well. I especially enjoyed introducing "How Great is Our God" and look forward to singing that one again. Carl's message was really positive and powerful as he spoke about what to do when things are difficult. We used three different video pieces during the service and all were done quite well (but it did make for a challenge to fit everything within our time frame!).

They announced that Rod Brady would be their full-time worship leader, but then they also honored me in a special way and everyone applauded. They've certainly done a nice job of encouraging me and being sensitive to what I might be going through even as they chose another guy. I had more people giving me positive comments about the worship time than on any other week.

Then there was the SuperBowl. Seemed like Seattle had the better team and outplayed the Steelers for most of the game, but Pittsburgh had three big plays that made the difference (and Seattle couldn't get any help from the officials). My favorite commercial was the one where the two guys are comparing the features of their cell phones and one says his has theft deterence; then he throws his phone at the other guy when he attempts to take his wallet. The Bud Light commercials were all pretty funny too (why do beer commercials have to always be so good?). Best part of all was being with friends though -- the Smiths, Woods, Alexanders, Lonards, and Phil Stambaugh.

2 comments:

erinlo said...

We had a great time also! We love getting together with you guys. Sorry the Seahawks lost!

Patti said...

Sunday was great all around. While I was sad that SWCC made the decision I thought that James was very sensitive to you and how you might feel when he made the announcement. He is a man I respect.
A great time was had by all. I have re-watched the nextel commerical twice today!