Friday, March 10, 2006

Busy week!

It's been hard to post this week, since I've been extremely busy with other things! I guess this is what happens when Lani is off for Spring Break!

Since she had time off, we decided to do some painting in our house. So, we painted ceilings and walls in three bedrooms and the master bath. We started painting on Sunday and finished on Wed. night (er. . . actually Thursday morning, since it was after 1:00 a.m.!). My shoulders and back are still sore from painting over my head! Also, we cleared out gobs of stuff from these rooms. All this is to get ready to put our house up for sale. Even though we don't know where we're going, we feel that we need to be ready to move and don't want to be stuck with a house that's not sold.

Also, Lani's mom, Gladys, and her sister, Shauna, and her brother Brian's wife, Eryann, are all here for a few days, along with Brian & Eryann's youngest son, Jaden. They got here Wednesday night and leave next Tuesday. Today we went out to Galveston for the day. It was a pretty nice time there with temps in the 70's. We ate at Joe's Crab Shack, played on the beach and collected shells, and then walked and shopped on the "Strand".

Now for some job news. After a few days with no worship jobs in sight to even apply for, I've had three pop up in the last two days. One with a Christian church in Eugene, OR (I saw their listing on WorshipLeaderJobs.com), one inquiry from the First Baptist Church in Bend, OR (they had my name in their files from when my brother attended there two years ago), and today an inquiry from an elder with the Memorial Drive Church of Christ in Tulsa, OK (my name was given to him by a fellow WF member). So. . . now to do some paperwork, some prayer, and see if any of these are directions I'm supposed to head in. I've mostly only applied previously for jobs within the C of C (the previous exception was a Bible Church in Portland where I knew several people); now I've got to carefully consider how to proceed with these possibilities. I'm thinking that I should go ahead with these and see how God leads, blesses, and directs.

3 comments:

Mike Lewis said...

Praying for you in this Dan! May God bless you with one of these opportunities.

Owen B. said...

and Amen!

Patti said...

We are praying hard. Where ever ya'll end up you know we will be visiting! Especially, Amber!