Friday, March 17, 2006

Latest News

Today I subbed in Jr. High band. I monitored two periods of written exams, but during the periods when bands actually rehearsed I just watched as another teacher did the directing (pretty easy day!). I also taught a math class during my "prep"; I guess I needed to actually do some teaching!

Remember your Jr. High days? To start 2nd period, they came on the intercom and said that this pinching thing had to stop, or students would be charged with physical assault (remember it is St. Patrick's Day today!). Ah, the joys and craziness of that age.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, here's the latest on my job search: I have an interview/try-out scheduled at the Memorial Drive Church of Christ in Tulsa, OK on the first weekend in April (yes, I'll be interviewing on April Fool's Day!). Seems like some great people there and a healthy church.

I've had some good e-mail correspondence with the senior minister at the Norkenzie Christian Church in Eugene, OR. I don't know how fast they'll be moving along, but it also seems like a good church (in a city that really needs the light of Christ!).

My back-up plan has been to seek out a music teaching job back in Oregon. I've started watching for openings there and have considered going to a big teachers' job fair there on April 4 & 5. My first desire is still to find a full-time worship-leading position, but I also need to take care of my family and so I'm ready to go the teaching route if needed. And too, God may lead me in that direction for His purposes too. We'll just keep praying and see what doors open up and which ones get closed.

To my Montana relatives: Go Griz! (Montana won an NCAA tourney BBall game for the first time since 1970-something!).

3 comments:

erinlo said...

So excited to hear about all the opportunities coming your way. I can't wait to hear what God has in store for you!

Thank you so much for your encouragement regarding the adoption. It means a lot to me that Spring Woodlands prayed for us.

Watch out for KU in the NCAA! I have a feeling they're gonna kick some butt!

Dan Dalzell said...

Sorry, Erin (& Jeff), but the Jayhawks have been shot down!
Lani says, "Go Montana!"

erinlo said...

Yea...I take that back about the Jayhawks! I can't beleive they're out first round secound year ina row. Next year, my friend....next year. I have no problems cheering for Montana now!