Sunday, March 19, 2006

Final Four and more!

OK, first, here are my "Final Four" picks: Duke, UCLA, UConn, and Florida. So far, my top picks are still in. It's always fun to pull for an underdog and today I thoroughly enjoyed watching George Mason beat the "defending Nat'l champion" UNC. And I really pulled for Arizona to beat Villanova; it was close, but they just couldn't pull it out at the end. And though I didn't see any of this one, somewhere a bunch of Bradley alums must be awefully elated. I'd love to see Gonzaga win, but just don't think they'll get past UCLA and then I'm picking UCLA to win it all.

Yesterday I watched a ton of basketball and then at night's end I was feeling kind of guilty about it. As I prayed, I was confessing to God that all this basketball wasn't really that important and that it's all just a game for fun. And then I heard this question: "So why did you spend so much time watching it if it's not really that important?" It was hard to come up with any reasonable answer. Today I watched some games, but I folded laundry and did some other chores while it was all going on.

I'm loving the free games via computer video feed. I'll keep the CBS-televised game on and then select an online game that I wouldn't otherwise get to see. Sometimes the one on the computer is more fun to watch (and you can switch back and forth between 2 or 3 online games at once). I suppose we'll all get hooked on these free video broadcasts this year and then next year they'll charge a fee for them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a good worship experience at Spring Woodlands today. I introduced a new arrangement that I'd done of "We Want to See Jesus Lifted High". We'll come back and do it again in a couple of weeks. Carl did a great job teaching about "Celebrate Suffering". I think we were all challenged to have an attitude like Paul, Silas, and many early Christians who were positive in the midst of intense trials and suffering. Like Carl said, "I'm not there yet, but I want to be more like that!"

No comments: