Friday, March 03, 2006

Subbing in elementary music today and it's at the closest Cy-Fair school to my house. Today is Cy-Fair's last day before Spring Break, so it ought to be a little crazy I'll bet. The phone message said they had a party at the end of the day. (I'm sure all the teachers will be partying at the end of the day too!)

I found out that I'm no longer being considered for the worship leading job at the Eastside C of C in Colorado Springs. The note I got just said they had other applicants who better matched what they are looking for. I was a little bummed about it -- rejection always feels a bit personal -- but trust fully that God is in control and that that must not have been the right place for me either. On a more positive note for me, one of the Spring Woodlands praise team members (who can't always come to rehearsal due to his work schedule) just realized last night at practice that they had offered that job to another guy and that I wouldn't be there after April. He told Lani that he was really, sincerely disappointed because he had been pulling for me all along. It was kind of funny to see him just find out the news, but it was kind of a pat on the back to hear his reaction. Two church members came by my office yesterday just to say good things to me and tell me how much they enjoyed my leading there (one said he hadn't counted on how much he and others would start liking me). Now if I can just find a place with a job opening that has such open arms!

5 comments:

erinlo said...

Well, that's just sucky, Dan. I'm getting impatient. I KNOW, though, that God has great things planned for the Dalzell family. I am always amazed at the integrity and character you continue to show regardless of your circumstances. I have been humbled by your spiritual maturity on so many levels. I'm glad you are currently in a place where you are finally getting much deserved encouragement.

julie said...

Dan, God is working.

clintrhikes said...

Dan,
Hey this is Clint from worshipforum...I know how it can be to get rejected from another church to get a job...I have been rejected by 2 so far but I am hoping one will come up soon...Keep the faith and keep on praying not just for you but for others like us.

clintrhikes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda W said...

Dan, you attitude humbles and inspires me. We're praying for ya'll.