Saturday, March 25, 2006

Just a nice Saturday

What a nice day! I think it topped out right around 70 and with low humidity. Caleb, Levi, Micah, and a friend who's staying with us today all went swimming this afternoon (I think the water temp. was 69 -- brrrr!). Lani & I went to Houston Garden Center and got a bunch of flowers and stuff to spruce up the yard before we put the house up for sale. I like working in the yard, especially on nice days like this (not so much in 90+ degrees and/or 90+ humidity). It may be "Adam's curse" to till the soil, but I kind of like it in small doses (I probably wouldn't want to have to make a living that way).

This week I subbed two days, but times in 5th grade classrooms. I kind of like that age-level. Friday I was actually in Lani's building and was her "teaching partner" (our classes traded back and forth; she teaches math/science and I did language arts/social studies). I've met all the other 5th grade team there and it was fun to work with them.

I'm enjoying the NCAA tourney! Just now saw UCLA finish off Memphis! Go Pac-10. I still can't believe Gonzaga lost that game to them Thursday though.

A week from today Lani and I will be in Tulsa interviewing with the Memorial Drive C of C. Some odd things about that weekend: we'll be doing the interview on April Fool's day and daylight savings time begins (so Sunday morning will feel especially early!).

God's blessings to you!

3 comments:

Owen B. said...

Praying for you and Lani & next weekend, Dan.

erinlo said...

I'm so excited and SO PRAYING for you all next weekend!!!

I worked in the yard all day yesterday, also. It was so fun and the weather WAS perfect. I'm still digging dirt out of my nails.

Patti said...

I can't beleive the kids don't habe pneumonia!
We are praying for your trip and will take good care of Hannah while you are gone!