Thursday, January 05, 2006

Interim Worship Leader

Yesterday I decided to post a prayer request on WorshipForum.com for my job search and finances, etc. As I was typing the request, my cell phone rang and I got a call offering a position as "interim" Worship Minister with the Spring Woodlands Church of Christ. It's amazing how God's timing is!

So, here's what was offered -- and which I accepted today:
I'll receive a part-time cash salary to be the worship leader at SWCC starting Jan. 22, with a commitment through May 1st (but possibly longer). The salary is about what I could make at Tomball as part-time worship leader plus what I'd make subbing 15 days a month. My work days will be Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday morning at SWCC (so I could do some subbing or other work on MWF). They'll pay me the agreed amount even if I need to go do interviews at other places. They say I'm also still being considered for the long-term position too and that this will allow them to get to know me fully. This offer allows me to have some guaranteed income through most of the rest of this school year, which is what I was seeking as I continue looking for a full-time position.

Thanks for your prayers, my friends.

5 comments:

Patti said...

That is great! God does provide!
We will come visit ya'll there some Sunday!

erinlo said...

Oh yea!!!! I'm so excited for you, Dan!!!!

Amanda W said...

Awesome, Dan!

Tim Castle said...

Glad to hear it, Dan. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Eric Livingston said...

Congratulations Dan! I know this will ease your anxiety. I'll continue to pray for you and SWCC as you guys have this time to feel each other out a little better.