Wednesday, January 25, 2006

No big news

I don't have anything major to write about today. . . and that's OK!

Last Thursday I went to the Tomball ISD Sub Orientation and then yesterday went to the Cy-Fair ISD Sub Training. Whew! That's a lot of hours of seat time just trying to get on the sub lists. I also had to submit transcripts, references, get a TB test, fill out a pile of forms, etc. And then they pay subs something like $8 to $9 an hour. Seems odd that in Texas they pay a person to be working with a room full of children less than they pay a bus driver (and less than the person might make just doing general labor jobs in the area). But, I'm getting ready to Sub anyway and actually kind of look forward to being in a classroom again. BTW, at this point it still takes about three weeks or so to get into the system while they run background checks, hook you up with payroll, get you your security badge, etc.

My brother-in-law, Troy Wagner, let us know yesterday that he will get to visit us in Feb. He's going to Florida (from Portland, OR) to visit "Helping Hands" (or something like that) and Continental will let him do a stopover in Houston for about a day-and-a-half. Cool!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dan, please send my love to the Wagners.

I'm glad I found your blog, I'm always looking for people from "the good ol' days."