Friday, January 20, 2006

SWCC Blessings

This is my first week at the Spring Woodlands Church of Christ and already I feel blessed in so many ways. The staff has been very warm, friendly, and accomodating. I have a nice office with a screaming fast computer (I guess the last guy was a "gamer" and NEEDED a super-fast machine for his obsession). The lead minister, Carl Etchison, has been especially affirming and supportive (which is such a breath of fresh air!). Last night I met with the Praise Team and they were wonderful -- musically, of course, but also very welcoming. We had a nice time of singing and prayer and talk (and had the biggest group they'd had in quite awhile, they said). Whether I'm just there a few months, or it works out longer-term, it's all a great blessing at this point.

Other thoughts today:
I'm wondering what happened to WorshipForum.com??? I've tried to call Ike Graul three times, but no news yet. Others are asking me, but I don't have any info.

Tonight we're going to see "Hoodwinked". I hear it's very good family fun.

2 comments:

erinlo said...

I am so excited for you, Dan! Our prayer for you and your family right now is that you will be encouraged and "loved on" and just built up. Whatever ends up happening and wherever you end up, may your experience at SWCC be just what The Doctor ordered.

Tim Castle said...

Regarding WorshipForum.com: Ike, being befuddled and busy, let the domain registration expire. He's taken care of it, he says, but the DNS system is taking its time in getting caught up.