Sunday, January 29, 2006

"Immeasurably More"

This morning the lesson at SWCC was about the power of God. It ended with Eph. 3:20-21 where it says "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. . ." I love this passage, but I'm not sure I'd ever considered just how powerfully God could act in our lives: "immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" is huge and deep and powerful and awesome. Carl Etchison showed us 12 great miracles of God from the O.T. and N.T. and then challenged/encouraged us that God can act like that in our lives and in our church. Wow! Awesome thought!

We closed with the Acappella song, "Now to Him" (how fitting, huh?). I'm enjoying the experience with SWCC and especially their Praise Team and staff.

1 comment:

Patti said...

It was a great experience all around Sunday morning and evening!
Not only did we sign up for the Dynamic Marriage class, I have agreed to help be a small group discussion leader in the High School class at 11 on Sundays.
I told Eddie I wanted to get to know the teens and keep from over committing! they had been looking for a Jr. High girls teacher but already had too many women sign up! Wow! Never had that experience before!