Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Thoughts & hopes. . .

This morning I'm heading over to Spring Woodlands C of C to set up my office space and start planning my first service there (at least my first "non-tryout" service). This is exciting and I'm looking forward to it!

I got wrapped up in the new season of "24" and watched both of the last two night's 2-hour season premieres. I've never been a fan before and I have a usual Monday-night commitment, but I may have to start taping it. I like the intensity (the clock probably adds to that). I didn't like Jack carrying out his own justice by executing a guy, and the violence is sometimes a little intense (especially if any younger eyes are in the room).

Go Seahawks! One more win to be in the SuperBowl! (If you're from the NW, Seattle is the only "local" team to cheer for).

The Hollywood liberals had their way yesterday. I hated seeing homosexual and transexual movies getting big coverage and awards at the Golden Globes. On the other hand, I really liked the Johnny Cash movie, "Walk the Line", and was glad it was a winner.

Finally, today is Lani's Birthday! The whole family went out to dinner last night (on a gift card) to celebrate. She's double digits today (33, 44, 55. . . your guess).

1 comment:

Patti said...

Oh no, not another 24 addict! Sunday night, Bryan, Phil and Morgan were glued to the screen! Last night, Phil called to ask if I had taped it because he forgot and he was working. If anybody did tape it, he is desperate to see it!
Way too much violence and intensity for me!
Best of Luck this week!