Saturday, December 10, 2005

Aslan!

We just got back from seeing "The Chronciles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". Lani & I, along with our three boys, all really enjoyed it! We have been anticipating this movie for months now and decided during last Summer to read the book aloud each night (which was a real hit with our whole family).

I won't pretend to be a critic, but I think young and old alike will really like this movie. And if you're looking a little bit, you'll see some parallels between Aslan and Jesus (which Lewis intended, I'm sure). There are some little deviations from Lewis' book, so watch carefully.

I didn't quite catch all the credits, but I thought the White Witch sure looked alot like the main being in the center of the Borg (for you Star Trek fans); eerily similar, if you ask me.

Tomorrow we're doing a tie-in with the Narnia movie at church. The sermon and our service theme is "The Lion of the Tribe of Judah".

In other life news, I found out from the Glenwood Church in Tyler that I didn't get that job. I'm totally OK and at peace with that because I believe that God is directing things. I suppose I felt a twinge of "rejection", but I really was thinking that I probably wasn't a good fit there (since I'm probably a bit more "progressive" than they'd be comfortable with for awhile!). They did say that I caused quite a bit of "fervent discussion" when their committee tried to decide who to go with.

2 comments:

Tim Castle said...

Well, it wasn't the same actress as the Borg queen, but they must have the same makeup stylist....

Alice Krige played the BQ in "Star Trek: First Contact" and in the last two episodes of "Star Trek: Voyager." Susanna Thompson played the BQ in earlier episodes of "ST:V."

This is your resident Trekkie, signing off.

Amanda W said...

Hi Dan! So glad you joined the "cool" people with blogs. ;) it's great to be able to feel like I've got a little window into the Dalzell world.

Jeremy and I went to see Narnia last night and thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

peace.