Wednesday, December 28, 2005

King Kong!

Tonight (well, actually from 4:00 to 7:10) we took all our kids and Elizabeth and Hayden Woods to see "King Kong". That's a pretty intense movie! And loooonnnng! Levi got scared only about 30 minutes into it and so Lani took him out then and never got to return (so I guess I'll have to take her again sometime). I liked all of it except the yucky scene with huge bugs and things -- that part had me really squirming.

The last two nights (and we're about to make it 3-in-a-row), Lani and I have put on a movie and then "processed" my CD collection. We're taking all the CDs and putting them into little slip cover jackets (so we have to take the CD booklet out and then sometimes take out the back liner and trim it down to match the booklet size; also we take the two little end tabs and pull them off at their perforation and then slide them into each side of the new slip case). In the end, we get rid of all those bulky (and often cracked or broken) "jewel" cases. We got these cool boxes from Target that will hold about 90 CDs each in their slip cases. Hopefully, when all is done, my CDs will take up a lot less room. I've done all my Christmas ones (about 90, a full box), and most of my Praise & Worship and Kids music. Along the way, I'm trying to decide which ones to just totally get rid of too; at some point, I've really got to thin out a bunch of these! Lani thinks I should adopt my friend Ike's idea of "for every new one you get, you get rid of two old ones".

1 comment:

Generous Kitchen said...

This is really a comment to your last blog. I know God's in charge...and I know you believe it. Sometimes it's nice to be reminded, though.

God has you and Lani and your sweet children in the palm of His hand guiding and directing...