Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The concert was great last night! It's fun to sing to a packed house!

Still have a plugged up sink and now I know that the plug is far enough down the drain system that we can't run our washer either (I found this out this morning when I tried to put in a load of clothes and later heard the sound of water gushing out on the floor of the laundry room. . . ugh!). I ran about 17 or so of my new 20-foot snake into the drain line, but didn't reach the plug (or perhaps moved it down further???). Someone at the concert last night suggested I try putting in a big bottle of drain opener and then filling the sinks up really full so that the weight of the water would help push. Hmm. . . I got more drain cleaner last night (after the concert) and put it all in, then filled both kitchen sinks up to the rim. . . awoke this morning to still find two sinks full of water. Today when I go home, I guess I'll stop and rent a big, long, heavy-duty auger, bail out all the standing water, and then see if I can open up the line. At what point do I give up and call in a professional???

I led some carol singing at the Tomball Christian Business Assoc. luncheon today. I played carols on my keyboard for awhile beforehand while everyone was just visiting. I heard some people saying, "HE's from the CHURCH OF CHRIST!" (with a tinge of surprise in their voices). One guy came up while I was playing beforehand and asked what keys my carols were in. I handed him a copy of the book and then he asked if he could bring in his harmonica and play along. I'm thinking. . . "this will be interesting. . ." Turns out, he was really good, and he had a case full of about 15 harmonicas (one in just about every key)! Jack Fry is his name. So, Jack and I played together the rest of the time and on 2-3 songs we let Jack do a solo verse while I played some accompanying chords. We did a bunch of requests later after the lunch with everyone singing along. It was a good experience.

1 comment:

Tim Castle said...

A harmonica? There's a "slippery slope" joke in here, somewhere....