Saturday, December 17, 2005

A FREE day!

Today we had nothing scheduled all day (until a party tonight). What a nice feeling! Lani and I both spent several hours cleaning and straightening up things, including some areas that get cleaned maybe once a year. I'm getting ready to make a couple of holiday goodies from favorite recipes (miracle fudge and salted nut roll bars). I put on Christmas music at about 10:00 a.m. and now it's finishing up the tenth CD -- hopefully we'll get through about 15 by the end of our time today.

Lani and I are going to her teaching team's Christmas party tonight. Besides an hors d'oeuvre, we're supposed to bring a bottle of some type of spirits. So, earlier today I went to the store and walked through the wine section, all the while thinking. . . "I have no idea what kind of wine to bring to a party." I don't mind an occasional glass of wine, but know so little about wine that I never know what to order at a restaurant, or in this case what to bring to a party. I picked up a bottle of "spumante" and thought maybe that sounded good. Then I saw a "sparkling white zinfandel" and decided that fit the bill (since white zinfandel is one of the few wines that I know Lani and I both like and a sparkling version of it sounds like it's more fit for a party). I guess I'll see tonight what regular drinkers and party-goers bring to this type of occasion! Cheers!

1 comment:

Dan Dalzell said...

OK, no one brought wine to the party! Three people brought beer, two or three brought bottles of stronger liquor, and one guy brought something like 200 "jello shots" (it may have been 300). Fortunately for Lani and I they had Coke and Sprite, although a lot of folks were using those to mix their drinks.