Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Can't sleep. . .

Can't sleep. . . went to sleep by 11:00, awoke at 1:15, went back to sleep until the 3:00 hour. Got out of bed at 3:41 and took two extra strength Tylenol. Layed restlessly in bed until 5:04, when Levi got up to go to the bathroom and came to our bed.

Funny how I'm sick and I know my body really needs to rest to get well, but it's the last thing that I seem to be able to do right now.

Looked out my front window and noticed that three houses in my cul-de-sac have their Christmas lights on -- at 5:00 a.m. (mine come on at 6:00 -- maybe I should change that). Saw my next door neighbor leave for work. Didn't realize that so many people were up this early. I'd like to be back in bed sleeping!

The last two hours have provided lots of time to pray for people that come to mind (Mark Moran, Jennifer Hamilton and fam, my wife and kids) and for things that I'm anxious about (like not having a full-time job soon, seeing how we can reduce our living costs, current job applications). There's always blessings amid our adversity.

1 comment:

Eric Livingston said...

Howdy Dan. I know we've never officially met, but I appreciate your comments on worshipforum.com and the few email conversations we've shared.

Just found your blog and I wanted you to know that you and your family are in my prayers. I'm very familiar with the stress you are under right now, and I'll be praying that you can have God's peace in your life and that He quickly puts you in a place that you can bring glory to Him.

You are in my prayers!

EL