Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sunday, Dec. 4

I love Christmas time! I love putting up Christmas lights and a fresh, good-smelling tree! I love decorating our house (most of which Lani does! It's looking quite festive now!). I love listening to Christmas music and going caroling. I dream every year of writing at least one original carol and this year I've started four (but not completed any yet). I love Christmas movies old & new, animated or really acted (tonight I watched "Christmas with the Kranks" for the first time. Fun! And with a nice redeeming virtue for the main character.).

And I really love Advent & Christmas worship times. I love planning and leading these seasonal services. It's such a joy to celebrate the coming of Jesus.

Today I led worship at the Spring Woodlands Church of Christ and we celebrated Jesus! We sang several carols during worship, had two "presentational" songs, had live and video drama, and heard a great message about remembering what Christmas is all about (the "big picture" is about Jesus and about God's "presence" - Immanuel - with us). I sure enjoyed my time there and hope it was a blessing to the folks there too!

Tonight I'm worn out and drained from a busy week and full day, but I feel good because of what has been done. God is good!

No comments: